Monday, January 26, 2015

Small Restaurant Design


While working at a local architecture design firm in New York City Staten Island, I was tasked with designing a small restaurant for a local investor couple client. I would be in charge of most of the design work in terms of infrastructure as well as interior design work. This was a chance to utilize my creativity from my artistic background as well as my attention to detail from my engineering studies, to ensure this small striving group of hopeful entrepreneurs get the best bang for their buck when they placed all their hopes and dreams into my able hands. 
This was a picture of the outside of the original site which was a local deli which sold a variety of groceries and other amenities.
The first plan of action was to take an overall survey of the site since the previous owner and the city did not have accurate blueprints of the site. 
Blueprint of original site layout 
Layout starting to be divided into specific sections with adequate electrical and water supply lines placed according to code

















Once the clients had approved of the last series of preliminary designs and graphic renderings, they had invited me to come visit periodically to check up on their progress. After the budget reports were finally settled, I took a few pictures of the subsequent construction once the final design features were approved and reviewed.















No comments:

Post a Comment